Hey Guys! I’ve been doing some baking! Which I’m always pretty proud of considering I can’t cook with wheat flour. So I though I’d share my proud achievement with you.
My banana muffins are a result of a recipe I adapted from the BBC Food website- I always find some corkers on there! I originally used this to make a banana loaf which was scrummy. It also came out a bit too brown so next time I’ll probably take them out earlier. Chris did eat eight of these within about half an hour of taking them out of the oven so they obviously taste good.
Ingredients- makes 12 muffins
2 1/2 Ripe bananas-mashed (looking rather unappetizing!)
55g caster sugar
1 large free range egg
115g gluten free flour- I used Dove’s Farm self raising flour
Handful of sultanas- I also used chopped cherries in banana bread but forgot to buy them this time
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas mark 4.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together then add the egg.
3. Mix the mashed bananas into the bowl . Gradually sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture.
4. Fold in the sultanas and chopped cherries.
5. Divide the mixture into 12 muffin cases. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown- so probably a little less based on these bad boys!
6. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Alternatively you can eat the majority of them straight from the oven as Chris did….
^^Yummy scrummy bananay muffins^^
Love Eleanor xxx